New Delhi: Centre on Sunday assured that fuel, LPG and fertilizer supplies remained stable across the country despite the evolving West Asia crisis, while ministries reviewed preparedness measures during an inter-ministerial media briefing in New Delhi.
Officials from the Ministries of Petroleum and Natural Gas, External Affairs and Ports, Shipping and Waterways said India had adequate stocks of petrol, diesel and fertilizers. They also urged citizens to avoid panic buying and rely only on official information.
The Department of Fertilizers said stocks for the Kharif 2026 season stood at 200.98 lakh metric tonnes, which was more than half of the projected requirement. Officials added that fertilizer companies had secured additional DAP and NPK shipments expected to arrive in May and June.
The government also confirmed that there would be no change in the maximum retail price of major fertilizers. Authorities said domestic production and imports were being monitored regularly to maintain uninterrupted availability.
Officials from the Petroleum Ministry said all refineries were operating at high capacity. They added that public sector oil companies had increased domestic LPG production to meet household demand.
The ministry said online LPG bookings rose to nearly 99 per cent on Sunday. During the last four days, oil companies delivered around 1.72 crore LPG cylinders across the country.
Maritime and fuel measures reviewed during West Asia crisis
The government said commercial LPG supply had been prioritised for hospitals, educational institutions and key industries. It also encouraged consumers to shift towards PNG and electric cooking systems to reduce pressure on LPG demand.
Officials confirmed that enforcement agencies conducted more than 6,950 raids across the country to curb hoarding and black marketing of LPG cylinders. In addition, PSU oil companies inspected thousands of retail outlets and LPG agencies.
The Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways said all Indian seafarers in the Gulf region remained safe. DG Shipping had facilitated the return of more than 3,217 Indian seafarers, including 61 during the last 96 hours.
The ministry also confirmed that port operations across India continued normally without congestion. Authorities added that no incidents involving Indian ships or Indian crew members had been reported recently.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of External Affairs said Indian missions in Gulf countries remained on alert. Officials stated that embassies continued to assist Indian nationals through helplines, advisories and consular support.
The government said flights from the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain to India were operating normally or partially. It also advised Indian nationals to avoid non-essential travel to Iran because of the ongoing regional situation.